Thursday, December 3, 2009

Chinese hot tailor-Dayang Trands

I remember one day at a business lunch, a Swedish client asked, "Is there any Chinese brand that is known and sold worldwide?" That took us a moment to recall, turned out none of us could think of any big international Chinese brands. It didn't catch me by surprise because China was good for her OEM manufacturing ability, just like all developing countries. Yet brands like Dayang Trands is showing the world that perhaps China is quickly stepping out from the OEM role.

Warren Buffett threw away all his other suits and only bought Dayang Trands, a Chinese brand from Dalian, now. "I think maybe Bill Gates and I should start a men's clothing store and sell the suits made by Madame Li," Buffett said. "I think we would be great salesmen because we love them so much."




 A great inspiration for all growing Chinese designers.

No comments:

Post a Comment